Skip to main content

Salt!

Gandhi (1982)


  Starring: Ben Kingsley as Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Sheen (as a newspaper reporter, in this scene), John Gielgud
  Directed by Richard Attenborough

Screenshot

Scene from Gandhi

Gandhi:  you've come all this way because you think something is going to happen.

Reporter:  is it?

Gandhi:  perhaps. I've come here to think about it.

Gandhi:  do you remember much about south africa?

Reporter:  yes. a great deal.

Gandhi:  I've traveled so far, and thought so much...

         as you can see, my city is a sea city. always full of Hindus, Muslims, Sihks, Jews, Persians...

                  my family's sect was the Panhami, hindu of course but in our temple the priest used to read from the muslim Koran and the hindu Gita moving from one to the other as if it does not matter which book was being read...

         as long as God was being worshipped. When I was a boy I used to sing a song in the temple...

         he bows to all and despises none.

         Gandhi:  I've travelled so far and all I have done is come back... home.        

         Reporter:  wait a minute, you know what you're going to do, aren't you?

Gandhi:  it would have been uncivil of me to let you make such a long trip for nothing.         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appindicator In Natty Ubuntu 11.04

Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray.  What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list.                Before...  After.

Evolution Mail on GNOME 3.26

There's a slight change in the user interface. A To Do column now appears to the rightmost after the GNOME 3.26 update. Also there's a noticeable stability increase, what with goa-daemon stopping its RAM usage creep. I don't have to kill it every couple of hours.

Jose Rizal, December 30, 1896 Execution by firing squad

From a photograph by Manuel Arias Rodriguez. He was executed for the crime of rebellion.