Sunday, February 28, 2016
Ian Campbell's Hotswapping a Failed RAID device
1) Mark the device as a failed RAID device.
2) Remove it from the array.
3) Tell the kernel to delete the device.
4) Physically swap the hard drives.
5) Add the new disk to the array.
Saturday, February 27, 2016
Thursday, February 25, 2016
The Apple "should they or should they not" issue is a heavy weight. The judge already ruled that they provide the keys to unlock iPhones and the rest of iPhone users, yes you, will get less secure devices. If law enforcement wants your personal data they can get it.
I think after the court order, they have no choice but comply with the order.
It used to be that decryption gives us end users some reasonable assurance of privacy but not after this ruling.