Skip to main content

My Favorite Lumet

Lumet

Sidney Lumet was the director of some of the most admirable films I have ever watched (and re-watched for decades now). I really want to talk about each one on dedicated posts if you don't mind. I promise to do that. For now I just want to remember the person who made these films.


12angry

12 Angry Man(1957)
This film looks inside the deliberation of a jury.

Serpico

Serpico (1973)
Al Pacino stars as a rebel cop.

Dogdayafternoon

Dog Day Afternoon (1975)
Bank robbers are the bad guys. So let's remove that from the equation and tell the rest of their story. That's Dog Day Afternoon.

With over 50 films under his name, thank you Mr. Lumet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appindicator In Natty Ubuntu 11.04

Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray.  What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list.                Before...  After.

Evolution Mail on GNOME 3.26

There's a slight change in the user interface. A To Do column now appears to the rightmost after the GNOME 3.26 update. Also there's a noticeable stability increase, what with goa-daemon stopping its RAM usage creep. I don't have to kill it every couple of hours.

Jose Rizal, December 30, 1896 Execution by firing squad

From a photograph by Manuel Arias Rodriguez. He was executed for the crime of rebellion.