Skip to main content

Transmission Bittorrent Client In Natty

Transmission is the Bittorrent client for Ubuntu ever since I first learned how to use the technology. It is running in natty at version 2.13. Don't get me wrong. It runs fast and it is light and simple to use. For users with limited bandwidth like me, it is annoying to use (before). It would hug all the available bandwidth rendering all other applications useless. I can't do any browsing or email clients hang when I have to multi-task these activities.
Transmission_047
NOT anymore!
Transmission 2.13 is the definitive upgrade I have been waiting for. I guess they finally put auto-bandwidth detection to work because it definitely changes the way I do multi-task now. Firefox 4.0 and Evolution is open (as well as Empathy and Gwibber) and none of them are complaining about bandwidth. And no it isn't my internet connection. I'm still using the same crappy ISP.
It is such fun to be able to leave my torrents downloading and uploading in the background and still do my other web activities. One more good reason why you should upgrade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appindicator In Natty Ubuntu 11.04

Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray.  What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list.                Before...  After.

Evolution Mail on GNOME 3.26

There's a slight change in the user interface. A To Do column now appears to the rightmost after the GNOME 3.26 update. Also there's a noticeable stability increase, what with goa-daemon stopping its RAM usage creep. I don't have to kill it every couple of hours.

Jose Rizal, December 30, 1896 Execution by firing squad

From a photograph by Manuel Arias Rodriguez. He was executed for the crime of rebellion.