Skip to main content

The Facebook Photo Ban

The photo came from a BBC soap opera EastEnders. It was used in a blog post for Dangerous Minds. The blog post is calling for a protest of a pub in London who asked two young men to leave the premises because they were kissing. The material was posted on Richard Metzger's Facebook page because he also blogs on Dangerous Minds and that's how he works it.  By the way, that's pretty much how I do it too. I post on my blog and if I liked it I post it to my facebook page too. Why? Because that's where most of my friends hang out. Unfortunately, Richard had one friend by the name of Jerry who wrote homophobic words about the picture and found it disgusting. After that, Richard's other friends jumped on the guy. Jerry apparently complained about it to facebook. Facebook removed the material and sent Richard a warning.

The real problem here is certainly not that Facebook is a homophobic
company. It's that their terrible corporate policy on censorship needs to
stop siding with the idiots, the complainers and the least-enlightened
and evolved amongst us as a matter of business expediency! That
ill-advised
policy can cause huge --and otherwise avoidable-- international public
relations problems for them. Why just give that power to dummies and
homophobes to use like a caveman club on the rest of us? It makes no
rational sense (certainly not from a legal
standpoint) and is anything BUT expedient when you consider the damage
to their brand which can occur in a situation, ahem, exactly like this one.

This one is referring to a photo of two men kissing.

Personally, I don't think it's offensive. I've certainly posted pictures that afterwards called my judgement into question. The two men are not naked. Why would people find this gross?







Why is this fine and acceptable and not that one?


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sandra Bullock kissing Scarlett Johansson



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZFS Unable to System Snapshot, bpool is Full?

I first encountered the problem after a routine update / upgrade of the system. Well there was a kernel upgrade and I have not checked how many old kernels are still left for backups in /boot. Apparently, there was a few and the partition is 85% full. Every software update included a warning because of the restriction in disk space. Also, zfs could not create snapshots. It is also full. This is not very clear to me. Snapshots were suppose to be diff copies so why would it take up a large space. Most of the snapshots are less than 2MB. Or 0MB. Another problem that popped up is the constant freezing of Rhythmbox. I don't know if the config files are corrupted. The CPU cycles from one to the next. Peaks for 5-6 seconds then on to the next CPU. This forced me to download Clementine and Audacious. But both applications do not find the zfs pool or don't show the zfs structure. Why not? My final solution is to reinstall Rhythmbox via snaps. I re-scanned the music libr

Renter's ID and Business Licensing 2023

Last year's business permit application involved an undertaking of submitting lessee list to the Barangay in order to get them ID's including one for the lessor himself. I received a letter of notification just before New Year's Day. It informed me that I might be denied renewal of permits because I did not comply with this undertaking. So the Renter's ID is a serious thing now. When I went ahead and applied for a business permit renewal at the local government office everything went well except they want my list of lessee. So I had to backtrack and go to the Barangay and submit the list. They produced the ID's and I provided the photo ID's and of course have it signed by the lessee. After that, they pointed me to the cashier to pay the taxes and permit fees which totaled php15,305.00 ($280.33) During the payment of Fire and Safety department, they reminded me to bring my fire extinguisher official receipts of payment. I can pick up my new pe

Check rkhunter warnings For Deleted Files

logfile- /var/log/rkhunter.log starts [partial starts] [19:18:58] Info: Starting test name 'malware' [19:18:58] Performing malware checks [19:18:58] [19:18:58] Info: Starting test name 'deleted_files' [19:19:35]   Checking running processes for deleted files    [ Warning ] [19:19:35] Warning: The following processes are using deleted files: [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/pulseaudio    PID: 784    File: /memfd:pulseaudio [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/gnome-shell    PID: 1151    File: /tmp/mutter-shared-67ER4Y [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/pulseaudio    PID: 1173    File: /memfd:pulseaudio [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/lib/evolution-data-server/evolution-source-registry    PID: 1194    File: /home/donato/.local/share/gvfs-metadata/home [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/python2.7    PID: 1472    File: /tmp/vteZY4V4Y [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/megasync    PID: 1484    File: /run/user/1000/wayland-cursor-shared-t6KVCM [19:19:35]