Skip to main content

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS On My Machine

I migrated my data and lvm, all my data and its backup lv's from Arch to
Ubuntu. I decided to use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I forgot how easy it is to
install Ubuntu with its graphic installer. But it isn't just the
graphics installer but the installer itself would go out of its way to
install this despite my "mistakes". For example I want to mount my
Musiclv to /home/AUser/Music but made an account for BUser and so on. So
it happily installs ubuntu but after booting and starting my BUser
session I quickly found that there are two user filesystems for home.
One for AUser and the second for BUser. On second thought this method is
the "safe" way to do this. My hat's off to Ubuntu. I also have to check
my /etc/fstab if my lv's were given the right mountpoints. I have four
lv's to check and they were all there and the data is safe.

The bad news is the stock GNOME config files for the desktop wreck havoc
on Unity as it became confused with my Wallpapers and just presented a
black wall. I had to manually type in my keyboard shortcuts.

I have internet connection from the get go. Never lost it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appindicator In Natty Ubuntu 11.04

Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray.  What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list.                Before...  After.

Evolution Mail on GNOME 3.26

There's a slight change in the user interface. A To Do column now appears to the rightmost after the GNOME 3.26 update. Also there's a noticeable stability increase, what with goa-daemon stopping its RAM usage creep. I don't have to kill it every couple of hours.

Jose Rizal, December 30, 1896 Execution by firing squad

From a photograph by Manuel Arias Rodriguez. He was executed for the crime of rebellion.