Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Music (GNOME application) Review

Music should use tracker. It plays music fine. It downloads covers well. It sucks when discovering music files. My music files are all neatly saved in /home/user/Music. The only way to check if I have a particular song or album or music artist is if 1) I open Rhythmbox, which "discovers" music well (manually) 2) if I search in nautilus, the file browser in GNOME and 3) if I use tracker CLI in the terminal.

There's a ton of music files not showing up in Music.

I like that it has last.fm in gnome-accounts. It gave me a smile when I discovered that songs I played in Music shows up in my last.fm recently played list. Yes I remember that I allowed last.fm in the accounts.


Post a Comment

Some Help You Are

Not all good motives end well. You thought you were doing somebody a favor but the other person is doing you mischief.