Sunday, May 11, 2014

Rhythmbox In Ubuntu 14.04

Rhythmbox is the default music player in Ubuntu and while I can install a plethora of other music player from the repository, I want to see what it can do with a little help from plugins which can be installed to add functionalities.

You can add this third-party plugins for rhythmbox by using the terminal:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:fossfreedom/rhythmbox-plugins

I want to install all the plugins available for the rhythmbox version which comes with 14.04 so:
$ sudo apt-get install rhythmbox-plugin-complete

Two of these plugins, I particularly sought to add to my system. They are the coverart-browser and the parametric equalizer.


​Coverart-browser



​Parametric equalizer

While you're at it, you might check how you set up your speakers to get the most beautiful sound out of your computer speakers.



Post a Comment

Rkhunter Warnings Received and Investigated

I received my rkhunter warning email moments ago. Two in fact, namely, a suspicious shared memory file and and suspicious hidden file. Afte...