Skip to main content

Remember Jaws

If I remember anything about the 70's, it's Star Wars and Jaws.  Jaws was released this day in 1975.  I remember the terror of watching a predator, with open mouth and white endless teeth.  Steven Spielberg made these terrifying close shots.

The film has Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw.  I was 8 when I saw the trailer and the movie.  It gave me a healthy respect for the sea and big watery expanses if you know what I mean. 

Jaws ushered in the kind of movies that are watched by millions of theater goer, helped by word of mouth.  It will earn 470 million dollars world wide until the end of its run.  It is the record holder at that time.  Star Wars will knock it off its position 2 years later.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appindicator In Natty Ubuntu 11.04

Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray.  What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list.                Before...  After.

Evolution Mail on GNOME 3.26

There's a slight change in the user interface. A To Do column now appears to the rightmost after the GNOME 3.26 update. Also there's a noticeable stability increase, what with goa-daemon stopping its RAM usage creep. I don't have to kill it every couple of hours.

Jose Rizal, December 30, 1896 Execution by firing squad

From a photograph by Manuel Arias Rodriguez. He was executed for the crime of rebellion.