Skip to main content

It's January 2024

The cold air is here and the temperature is going down. Climate
scientists took this time to tell us that 2023 is the hottest year in
144 years of record keeping. They predict that 2024 will continue the
trend.

I like the salty pandesal I bought in Burgos this Sunday morning. Mom
and I shared breakfast. She cooked three beaten eggs with red onions. I
woke up early to urinate but I had to do it next door. My bathroom door
is locked from the inside. The door lock is broken. Next door is Mina's
apartment, empty now. 

Mang Roger can't fix it now. His son, Toto, died of a stroke just after
New Year's Day. 

My exercise routine is now at its lowest. Last month's cold turned to a
long coughing battle. 

I finished the business of paying the annual license fees for the
apartments. There is that matter of renewing the fire extinguishers. 

C2 unit is getting vacated. Ally Cayetano the tenant, told me it's a
losing proposition. My concern is the unpaid electricity bill worth
seven thousand as of December 20th. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appindicator In Natty Ubuntu 11.04

Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray.  What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list.                Before...  After.

Evolution Mail on GNOME 3.26

There's a slight change in the user interface. A To Do column now appears to the rightmost after the GNOME 3.26 update. Also there's a noticeable stability increase, what with goa-daemon stopping its RAM usage creep. I don't have to kill it every couple of hours.

Jose Rizal, December 30, 1896 Execution by firing squad

From a photograph by Manuel Arias Rodriguez. He was executed for the crime of rebellion.