It's the big elephant in the room right now. Imelda the youngest among four siblings died February 1 2020. We spent six days in the hospital Intensive Care Unit. "We" because I was the only family member who can stay with her. Imelda was 47 years old and diabetic. She self medicated an infected foot, again. She's strong headed when it comes to taking charge of herself. So when I called for the ambulance to get her to the Veterans Memorial Medical Center VMMC emergency ward, she was already suffering the effects of sepsis and anemia. The doctors tried to help her with antibiotics and blood transfusion. The fifth day they asked my permission for intubation and dialysis. Before midnight, she was under DNR and the doctors knew she had minutes to live. She died 1:18 am.
Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray. What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list. Before... After.
Comments