I wasn't happy when the latest upgraded in Mozilla Firefox broke support in Netflix. But a few days later, a firefox update restored Netflix. I am happy that I am able to watch Netflix again. Hopefully, upgrades in firefox don't break Netflix in the future. Mozilla firefox upgrades every month, I don't want to lose Netflix every month to be restored back a few days later by another update to the main upgrade.
Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray. What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list. Before... After.
Comments