Skip to main content

Blogging: Old School

I do it old school.

When I blog, I go to my email application and open my editor. I have my email application open anyway because it's the second application I start when I open my desktop. The first application I open is my browser - mozilla firefox. For the rest of my desktop session, these two apps remain open with the browser taking most of the system resource. I don't use my smartphone for blogging. I avoid using my smartphone for blogging even if I can use the app in it. I really need the keyboard for typing and composing text. While it is very easy to take a picture and send it to my blog as a blog post, text is a different matter. My hands and fingers prefer the physical keyboard. My brain is also wired to work the traditional keyboard.

The smartphone has made it convenient to snap a picture, modify the picture and upload the image to my blog as a stand alone post. If you're traveling and you have a travel blog, this is just perfect. I want to tell a story and I can tell a story with a picture. For most of what I write about I prefer doing it with words and images. The GIF The GIF has been my generation's go to image format since blogging exploded and the Harry Potter films captured the audience imagination with its gif posters.

Wordpress offers an online compose page. I can edit text and upload an image in the compose page.
All you need is an Internet connection. But I always use the email application to create my blogs and not through these built-in functionalities of the various blogging sites. 

I wonder how many of you prefer it this way too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZFS Unable to System Snapshot, bpool is Full?

I first encountered the problem after a routine update / upgrade of the system. Well there was a kernel upgrade and I have not checked how many old kernels are still left for backups in /boot. Apparently, there was a few and the partition is 85% full. Every software update included a warning because of the restriction in disk space. Also, zfs could not create snapshots. It is also full. This is not very clear to me. Snapshots were suppose to be diff copies so why would it take up a large space. Most of the snapshots are less than 2MB. Or 0MB. Another problem that popped up is the constant freezing of Rhythmbox. I don't know if the config files are corrupted. The CPU cycles from one to the next. Peaks for 5-6 seconds then on to the next CPU. This forced me to download Clementine and Audacious. But both applications do not find the zfs pool or don't show the zfs structure. Why not? My final solution is to reinstall Rhythmbox via snaps. I re-scanned the music libr

Renter's ID and Business Licensing 2023

Last year's business permit application involved an undertaking of submitting lessee list to the Barangay in order to get them ID's including one for the lessor himself. I received a letter of notification just before New Year's Day. It informed me that I might be denied renewal of permits because I did not comply with this undertaking. So the Renter's ID is a serious thing now. When I went ahead and applied for a business permit renewal at the local government office everything went well except they want my list of lessee. So I had to backtrack and go to the Barangay and submit the list. They produced the ID's and I provided the photo ID's and of course have it signed by the lessee. After that, they pointed me to the cashier to pay the taxes and permit fees which totaled php15,305.00 ($280.33) During the payment of Fire and Safety department, they reminded me to bring my fire extinguisher official receipts of payment. I can pick up my new pe

Check rkhunter warnings For Deleted Files

logfile- /var/log/rkhunter.log starts [partial starts] [19:18:58] Info: Starting test name 'malware' [19:18:58] Performing malware checks [19:18:58] [19:18:58] Info: Starting test name 'deleted_files' [19:19:35]   Checking running processes for deleted files    [ Warning ] [19:19:35] Warning: The following processes are using deleted files: [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/pulseaudio    PID: 784    File: /memfd:pulseaudio [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/gnome-shell    PID: 1151    File: /tmp/mutter-shared-67ER4Y [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/pulseaudio    PID: 1173    File: /memfd:pulseaudio [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/lib/evolution-data-server/evolution-source-registry    PID: 1194    File: /home/donato/.local/share/gvfs-metadata/home [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/python2.7    PID: 1472    File: /tmp/vteZY4V4Y [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/megasync    PID: 1484    File: /run/user/1000/wayland-cursor-shared-t6KVCM [19:19:35]