Tuesday, April 25, 2017

GNOME 3.24: Update Woes

The first thing I did after that massive update is to reboot. This
should not affect the reboot process but, here goes.

Big sigh of relief. Here's a list of my woes so far:

First, megasync daemon is failing to work / start at login. And starting
the application with the launcher doesn't work either. It looks like it
has problems with openssl / authentication.

Second, screenshot isn't working, at least not the keyboard shortcuts. I
opened the application - screenshot, and it takes pictures of the screen
but it won't work in practice if it doesn't work with the keyboard
shortcuts.

Third, most keyboard shortcuts I tried aren't working. Not the
screenshots, not the Guake terminal i use. Navigation shortcuts are
working though. Could user shortcuts have been reset by the update to
their defaults somehow?
Post a Comment

GnuCash: Manually Build A Package In A Clean Space

I can't use gnucash after an update a few days ago. I told you the details in this post. My best option was to follow this thread at AUR...