Skip to main content

Re: Covering Your Computer's Webcam With Tape

Twitter user (@topherolson) Chris Olson noticed that in a photo of Mark Zuckerberg (@finkd) the laptop's camera is covered with tape and the headphone jack is also taped.

Hey, Edward Snowden also advised such a move maybe a couple of years back.

I use a stand alone webcam with built in cover and I make sure it is closed always. I don't know about the built in mic though. It's not perfect.


--

Donato Roque@Ubuntu-16.04.1
mobile#63-9185721710
I'm on twitter,facebook
and Blogger.
Consider using my PGP keys for privacy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appindicator In Natty Ubuntu 11.04

Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray.  What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list.                Before...  After.

Evolution Mail on GNOME 3.26

There's a slight change in the user interface. A To Do column now appears to the rightmost after the GNOME 3.26 update. Also there's a noticeable stability increase, what with goa-daemon stopping its RAM usage creep. I don't have to kill it every couple of hours.

Jose Rizal, December 30, 1896 Execution by firing squad

From a photograph by Manuel Arias Rodriguez. He was executed for the crime of rebellion.