Skip to main content

Fixed vs Autohide


Most of the time I just leave the defaults on when it comes to the operating system. Ubuntu has unity at least the stock Ubuntu. When it first came out Ubuntu has auto-hide on by default but they changed it to Fixed due to user feedback.

I am still caught in the middle on the issue. On the one hand I like that I own more screen real estate if the auto-hide is on.
--
Donato Roque
mobile#63-9185721710
I'm on twitter,
facebook
and on Blogger.
Consider using my PGP keys for privacy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appindicator In Natty Ubuntu 11.04

Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray.  What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list.                Before...  After.

Evolution Mail on GNOME 3.26

There's a slight change in the user interface. A To Do column now appears to the rightmost after the GNOME 3.26 update. Also there's a noticeable stability increase, what with goa-daemon stopping its RAM usage creep. I don't have to kill it every couple of hours.

Jose Rizal, December 30, 1896 Execution by firing squad

From a photograph by Manuel Arias Rodriguez. He was executed for the crime of rebellion.