Skip to main content

Yahoo Mail Doesn't Deliver

I have a Yahoo web mail account since the ancient times. I have configured Evolution email client to fetch mail from this account since December, 2007. A little help from Freepops, a software add-in to read ftp, and my mail is in the box.

I understand that Yahoo performed some upgrades and all and now this plug-in is unable to deliver my yahoo mail. Hotmail is also performing upgrades to its services but I continue to receive my mail from them and I read all of them in my inbox using the same add-in. What's the difference? I don't know.

When performing the task, I get this messages: "getting the POP summary" and "fetching message 2 of n messages". After that I get the terminal, "failed in getting message 2 of n messages".

When I go to my browser to access my inbox, all the messages are gone and deleted. I checked the trash folder and sure enough they are all there.

I checked all settings and compared them with my hotmail account which is doing fine. I can't find anything wrong with the Yahoo settings. Unless they want me to change something with the existing settings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appindicator In Natty Ubuntu 11.04

Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray.  What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list.                Before...  After.

Evolution Mail on GNOME 3.26

There's a slight change in the user interface. A To Do column now appears to the rightmost after the GNOME 3.26 update. Also there's a noticeable stability increase, what with goa-daemon stopping its RAM usage creep. I don't have to kill it every couple of hours.

New Converge ICT Plan Max with Sky Now

I pulled the trigger on Converge Max plan 400Mbps with Sky channels. I went to their sales office and asked for the upgrade. No charge at all and they didn't ask me to return the old modem. It looks like they will pull it when they install the new modem.e     It came with a black box for the TV. The configuration is easy but it took me 3 days to figure out the Wired connection. It should be fine except I have to jiggle it in the config (GUI). Turn 802.1x  on and off to finally connect.  Here's the speed for the Wired connection: