Skip to main content

Upgrading To Ubuntu LTS to LTS 24.04 Noble Numbat

I ran the graphical upgrade tool hoping to do a smooth upgrade to Ubuntu 24.04.1 but when I restart as instructed NO JOY.

I was running Ubuntu 22.04 LTS happily when the upgrade tool notified me of the availability of the next LTS for download and installation. So I did a search for any caveats. I found a thread in Reddit but it was 4 months ago. The thread revealed that any kind of online upgrade to 24.04 results in failure. Clean installs are another matter though. The new version is ready for a clean install. The process of upgrading direct from an 22.04.4 or 23.10 isn't .

I should have waited. I was happy with 22.04 LTS. Regrets.

I can't boot. The computer stops booting with my ASUS motherboard dashboard. And all system hard ware is fine as reported by the motherboard.

I lost all the screenshots I have of the upgrade from downloads to the last instruction to restart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Password Issues On Ubuntu Login

I found myself unable to enter my login credentials when prompted to do so in Ubuntu. I think I might have changed it then forget about it. I've been running the current session for more days than I should have. I forget. So what's the solution to my problem. How do I get in to my system now? It involved getting into the grub menu somehow. I am uncertain as to how to do that exactly in your system. So there's a couple of ways to do it (finger's crossed). When booting at system start, use the esc key or the shift key. The first one worked for me. The timing is key. Wait until the bios banner shows then hit the esc key once. I am using Ubuntu 22.04.4 here. I have a current version of grub. The grub menu will give you options and the one you want is: root. Yes you want root privileges to set the root password. It should give you a terminal access where you can issue commands. Type: #mount -rw -o -s remount / ==> this command mounts the filesyste

New ZFS Pool And the New 4TB Hard Drive

I am using the new pool for my videos and music. Downloading them using my torrent client, transmission. The old pool is raidz2 and now I am using a raidz1 only. But and a big but I gained space of up to 4.5 TB.

2024 So Far

I have a feeling of moving earth or walking off my itchiness. The growing fat in my belly tells me I am failing on many occasions to give in to this urge. My eyes are blurred by morning glory. I remember my father having the same ritual in the morning. After his weak stroke, he couldn't speak much, just a grunt but he would demonstrate with hand how he liked to wash his face. The weather wasn't helping. It's been raining cats and dogs the past week. The province of Rizal was soaked and spilled volumes of water into the bay and Laguna lake. Our Caimito tree was cut to no more than 4 feet from the ground. It was towering above the corrugated sheet metal of our roof. Now it lay horizontal on the yard. I calculated it could be made into a whole table and chairs set by a talented carpenter artist. I showed Lino the two big pieces of trunk that could only be moved if cut by a power saw in place. The road widening project in San Mateo was in the middle stage. One side of the road