Skip to main content

Review Of Converge ICT Fiber X

Converge ICT installed its fiber service last 6th April and I hold off any opinions until I've properly gone through all things I use the Internet for. It has been 15 days. I have not experienced any service downs and speed tests are consistent. 



This Converge plan 1899 TOD for Day should give me 70 MBps in the day and 35 MBps at night. It consistently tops 160 MBps in the day and 90 MBps at night. It exceeds promised speeds for the day and for the night. This speed tests is fairly predictable now that I am confused if there has been a mistake about my chosen plan. 

The ping of 2 means 2 ms or micro seconds. Any ping value of less than 100 ms is considered desirable. Ping is a signal sent to a host to get a response (find if they exist) and to measure how long the response takes. Any ping value less than 20 ms is exceptional. So here too I am confused until I used another speed test website (fast.com). It confirms that I am getting a significantly fast connection.  

There are reviewers in social media saying that Converge is less stable than PLDT. I don't know what they are comparing. I had PLDT pocket wifi which is basically a cellular internet. It is stable enough until the wifi modem broke after 3 months of usage and I could not get support. And that ended my experience with PLDT. My application for PLDT fibr only got to...uhm processing, of the application. But don't worry I got a sad sms from them giving me the reason why I can't have fibr. I was a loyal customer to Smart. PLDT bought Smart. PLDT swallowed my Smart account. Then they grandfathered the account. I felt relieved and thankful that I didn't get what I wanted, but I got what I deserve. I got Converge Fiber X.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appindicator In Natty Ubuntu 11.04

Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray.  What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list.                Before...  After.

Evolution Mail on GNOME 3.26

There's a slight change in the user interface. A To Do column now appears to the rightmost after the GNOME 3.26 update. Also there's a noticeable stability increase, what with goa-daemon stopping its RAM usage creep. I don't have to kill it every couple of hours.

Jose Rizal, December 30, 1896 Execution by firing squad

From a photograph by Manuel Arias Rodriguez. He was executed for the crime of rebellion.