Skip to main content

Kitchen Appliance Buys In January 2025

Mother and I replaced our aging refrigerator bought ten years ago when we transferred to the back portion of our house and started renting out the front portion of the family house. I chose another LG 7.3 cu ft. refrigerator. I thought the year is going to end without anything new to report but...

I replaced our microwave two days before 2024 ended. Here's the LG MH6565DIS 25L SMART INVERTER MICROWAVE OVEN.  I also got an email from RCBC about an unauthorized transaction in my credit card. 


The bank issuer finally decided to replace the questionable card with a new one to be delivered 5 days from now. The old card which I am holding is now blocked. I received the statement of account with two items. One is the bank charging me for the annual membership fee. Mmm...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appindicator In Natty Ubuntu 11.04

Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray.  What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list.                Before...  After.

Evolution Mail on GNOME 3.26

There's a slight change in the user interface. A To Do column now appears to the rightmost after the GNOME 3.26 update. Also there's a noticeable stability increase, what with goa-daemon stopping its RAM usage creep. I don't have to kill it every couple of hours.

Jose Rizal, December 30, 1896 Execution by firing squad

From a photograph by Manuel Arias Rodriguez. He was executed for the crime of rebellion.