Skip to main content

Imee's 2nd Trip To The Hospital

This time Imee and I spent 2 days at Padre Pio Hospital. Her doctor was worried about her too low a hemoglobin count. Among the medical professionals a hemoglobin count of 7 gm/dl is a "trigger" for blood transfusion. Dr. Ivan Imee's doctor went out of his office and flew the length of the corridor to the emergency room of Padre Pio. He was probably asking if Imee can get a blood transfusion "right away". Well, Imee is feeling fine except for quickly getting tired after a physical activity nothing to worry about, I guess.

After 10 minutes, Dr. Ivan informed us we should go to the hospital laboratory and forward his request of 3 packs of red blood cells for transfusion. He is being optimistic of course. I went up the flight of stairs to the laboratory. They have 1 pack of RBC. So I gave them Dr. Ivan's request and my cellphone number. They can send me a message once 3 packs are ready for Imee. This was Thursday.

Saturday, the laboratory informed me there are 2 packs ready for Imee. Okay. But could they send me a message once the 3 packs are complete.

Sunday, the laboratory informed me there are now 3 packs of RBC ready for Imee. So Imee and I went to the hospital for the blood transfusion around 3 pm. We were admitted for the procedure. It was not until 11 pm that night that the nurse gave Imee her first pack of red blood cells AB positive please. It took 4 hours of drip through intravenous line to empty the bag over her head. The laboratory had to blood type and do a crossmatching of the blood bags. I think it's part of the blood security. Think about it. There may be hundreds of fatal diseases transmitted by blood. So they just want to protect us, the public. The public also pays for the cost of the blood network. When somebody asks you for a blood donation, you could be helping a loved one or yourself.

That laboratory work costs 1,900.00 ph peso per bag of blood. She is given an injection of diphenhydramine beforehand, to lessen any allergic reaction. I also noted that diphenhydramine is a sedative. It also costs 425.00 ph peso per injection.

Imee's skin turned pink after the 2nd bag was emptied. The third bag of red blood cells which contains the protein hemoglobin carries oxygen around the body. Too little of these protein and the body gets less oxygen. We get tired easily.

Imee 's last bag of red blood cells was emptied around 4 am Tuesday. In the morning we were all ready to go home. Dr. Ivan was happy to see Imee's pink cheeks. I was happy to see her smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZFS Unable to System Snapshot, bpool is Full?

I first encountered the problem after a routine update / upgrade of the system. Well there was a kernel upgrade and I have not checked how many old kernels are still left for backups in /boot. Apparently, there was a few and the partition is 85% full. Every software update included a warning because of the restriction in disk space. Also, zfs could not create snapshots. It is also full. This is not very clear to me. Snapshots were suppose to be diff copies so why would it take up a large space. Most of the snapshots are less than 2MB. Or 0MB. Another problem that popped up is the constant freezing of Rhythmbox. I don't know if the config files are corrupted. The CPU cycles from one to the next. Peaks for 5-6 seconds then on to the next CPU. This forced me to download Clementine and Audacious. But both applications do not find the zfs pool or don't show the zfs structure. Why not? My final solution is to reinstall Rhythmbox via snaps. I re-scanned the music libr

Renter's ID and Business Licensing 2023

Last year's business permit application involved an undertaking of submitting lessee list to the Barangay in order to get them ID's including one for the lessor himself. I received a letter of notification just before New Year's Day. It informed me that I might be denied renewal of permits because I did not comply with this undertaking. So the Renter's ID is a serious thing now. When I went ahead and applied for a business permit renewal at the local government office everything went well except they want my list of lessee. So I had to backtrack and go to the Barangay and submit the list. They produced the ID's and I provided the photo ID's and of course have it signed by the lessee. After that, they pointed me to the cashier to pay the taxes and permit fees which totaled php15,305.00 ($280.33) During the payment of Fire and Safety department, they reminded me to bring my fire extinguisher official receipts of payment. I can pick up my new pe

Check rkhunter warnings For Deleted Files

logfile- /var/log/rkhunter.log starts [partial starts] [19:18:58] Info: Starting test name 'malware' [19:18:58] Performing malware checks [19:18:58] [19:18:58] Info: Starting test name 'deleted_files' [19:19:35]   Checking running processes for deleted files    [ Warning ] [19:19:35] Warning: The following processes are using deleted files: [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/pulseaudio    PID: 784    File: /memfd:pulseaudio [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/gnome-shell    PID: 1151    File: /tmp/mutter-shared-67ER4Y [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/pulseaudio    PID: 1173    File: /memfd:pulseaudio [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/lib/evolution-data-server/evolution-source-registry    PID: 1194    File: /home/donato/.local/share/gvfs-metadata/home [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/python2.7    PID: 1472    File: /tmp/vteZY4V4Y [19:19:35]          Process: /usr/bin/megasync    PID: 1484    File: /run/user/1000/wayland-cursor-shared-t6KVCM [19:19:35]