Skip to main content

Being Lost


Check my position. Use the compass to get my exact place. It is important to someone wandering through the woods to find directions.

Why is it not too important that I bring some light? Well I have come to put more trust on the people and places that have become familiar to me. I put that big rock to my left always because I know it will always be the west. I still see it at night with the moon light. The light only distracts you. When you bring your own light, you neglect the real essentials.

I start questioning my decisions. I start to hear unfamiliar sounds around me. I start to walk faster as if I am actually going somewhere. My mind dwells on the darkness and the things that are in the dark.

I have to stop this. My hand felt for my bag. I start to make a list of the things I have on my bag. What if I had used a bigger bag? I wouldn't worry about starving and running out of drinking water, would I? I have a bag of beans, a liter of water, some dried meat in a plastic bag and some vague memory of Jesus feeding the multitude.

I have to reach the dirt road that my map shows crosses about 2 kilometers before me. I have to keep the big rock to my left and manage to keep walking using what is left in my bag.

What to do when what's finally left in the bag is a prayer? There's still that big rock to my left and the moon light. So I just hacked my way through.

What I have is the big rock, the moon light and the promise of a road that cuts this forest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appindicator In Natty Ubuntu 11.04

Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray.  What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list.                Before...  After.

Evolution Mail on GNOME 3.26

There's a slight change in the user interface. A To Do column now appears to the rightmost after the GNOME 3.26 update. Also there's a noticeable stability increase, what with goa-daemon stopping its RAM usage creep. I don't have to kill it every couple of hours.

New Converge ICT Plan Max with Sky Now

I pulled the trigger on Converge Max plan 400Mbps with Sky channels. I went to their sales office and asked for the upgrade. No charge at all and they didn't ask me to return the old modem. It looks like they will pull it when they install the new modem.e     It came with a black box for the TV. The configuration is easy but it took me 3 days to figure out the Wired connection. It should be fine except I have to jiggle it in the config (GUI). Turn 802.1x  on and off to finally connect.  Here's the speed for the Wired connection: