Skip to main content

Wawa Dam and San Mateo Feast Day

I spoke to Lino the other day about the pictures I sent. The Wawa Dam in Montalban came as a surprise to me because there was no marketing nor information. It was just an inaugural day press conference - a visit from the President. That was how I learned about it. Was it because the Dam was at the initiative of the former politician? This dam was built to contain the water flow every rainy season brings to the cities. In addition there was the power generation benefit to the surrounding communities.

The other picture was the festival of San Mateo in Sta. Ana. It is the feast day of Our Lady of Aranzazu. Lots of bibingka and suman in the picture. I had to remind Lino about the fiesta of Dulongbayan where we lived, where we all started from.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appindicator In Natty Ubuntu 11.04

Previously ranted about the blind alley Ubuntu 11.04 seemed to be leading us when it comes to some applications not being ready yet for the dropping of system tray.  What I should have done is press on. There are posts about editing a white list with a recommended GUI tool to help us out here , here and here . Like everything in Linux, there's a configuration file for it, if you can find it and if you have the inclination to go ninja. If not then there's dconf-editor. Download dconf-tools from Software Center. Navigate to desktop>unity>panel. Add your application in the white list. Then close the window. No save button. mmm. So far I have added Shutter, Dropbox and Keepassx in the white list.                Before...  After.

Evolution Mail on GNOME 3.26

There's a slight change in the user interface. A To Do column now appears to the rightmost after the GNOME 3.26 update. Also there's a noticeable stability increase, what with goa-daemon stopping its RAM usage creep. I don't have to kill it every couple of hours.

Jose Rizal, December 30, 1896 Execution by firing squad

From a photograph by Manuel Arias Rodriguez. He was executed for the crime of rebellion.