This is kind of a how to for changing a failed hard drive in a RAID 5 array.
Ian Campbell's Hotswapping a Failed RAID device
1) Mark the device as a failed RAID device.
2) Remove it from the array.
3) Tell the kernel to delete the device.
4) Physically swap the hard drives.
5) Add the new disk to the array.
Not all good motives end well. You thought you were doing somebody a favor but the other person is doing you mischief.
Nothing like a Saturday night, listening to music. I'm in my linux desktop and I have spotify player on. I'm impressed how far spoti...
When it's every man for himself, we forget that total resources are finite. Each one who can, spends all he can to solve a problem to hi...
If you are an Arch linux OS user for sometime, encounters with its package manager called pacman is usually a non-event. I mean if you have...