Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Need To Upgrade Chromium Browser

I did notice that Chromium browser in Ubuntu Precise (perhaps also in other versions) is running stale now. It is stuck at version 18.x. I have Chromium at version 20 in my Arch machine last week already.

So I added Tobias Wolf's PPA to my source list. Thank you!

Until the chromium daily build PPA resolves itself and gets updated, this will do.

# to add Tobias Wolf's PPA start a terminal:
$ add-apt-repository ppa:towolf/crack
# to update your repository
$ apt-get update
# to upgrade Chromium browser
$ apt-get upgrade

Or just wait for the Update Manager to pop up. It's Ubuntu.

btw Tobias Wolf's PPA has version 21 of Chromium.
Post a Comment

Some Help You Are

Not all good motives end well. You thought you were doing somebody a favor but the other person is doing you mischief.